Your search results
- Highest predicted GDP growth in Latin America for 2008 (International Monetary Fund)
- 2nd lowest predicted inflation rate in Latin America for 2008 (International Monetary Fund)
- Lowest inflation rate in Latin America over the last 20 years
- #1 retitrement destination in the world six years in a row (International Living Global Retirement Index)
- Second largest Free Trade Zone in the world after Hong Kong
- Second largest number of off-shore corporations in the world after Hong Kong
- 77 million baby boomers retiring over the next ten years – 4% expected to retire in Latin America!
- Highest rating for tourist safety from the prestigous Pinkerton Intelliegency Agency (same rating as U.S.)
- Infrastructure far ahead of the rest of Central America
- Clean, drinkable water throughout the county
- Official currency is the U.S. $
- Only 2.5 hour plane ride from Miami
- Daily direct flights from L.A., Newark, Atlanta, Houston, and Miami
- Panama has world-class medical facilities – at prices far less than the U.S.
- Panama in the banking center of Latin America, with over 90 banks
represented from 35 different countries
- Bank loans are widely available to foreigners in Panama, with interest rates comparable to the U.S.
- Panama has perhaps the best retirment benefits program in the world
- Numerous programs exist to assist foreigners in obtaining permanent residency in Panama quickly and easily (in as little as 4 months)
- Panama has a stable democracy and strong poltical ties to the U.S
- Real estate prices that are still far below those of Costa Rica and other traditional Latin American tourist and retiree destinations